Skip to main content

Budgeted Rs.2500 and spend Rs.100

A solution-based selling




  

 I used to carry my laptop for training programs in various parts of the country. During one my visits to an out-station program, the electrical person inserted a wrong jack, which resulted in damaging my laptop’s audio Jack. Post this incident I faced problems in connecting an audio jack.

Since the laptop was old, I also made up my mind to buy a new laptop instead of servicing it. When I was inquiring about a new laptop, one of my friend was asking about my old laptop and I narrated the incident. He immediately said, buy a Bluetooth speakers and pair it.

I felt, what he said made sense and approached an electronic shop to buy a blue tooth speaker. The shop keeper suggested, few models but I was doubtful whether the sound will be good enough to reach 30-40 audience in a banquet or a training hall. The shop keeper said “These speakers are meant for closed rooms”. He inquired my usage and immediately stated, these speakers will not match my need.

I narrated my problem and he smiled sarcastically and reached a box to pull out the below jack and told me to connect the audio jack with the USB Sound jack.
















I came home and immediately checked the device, it did solve my problem. I saw a salesman who was a solution provider and he become my favourite sales person whom I trust & started referring him to my known circle.



My learning from this sales person was

·         Listen to the problem

·         Be patient enough to understand the problem

·         Give solutions that solves the customer’s problem

·         Don’t be greedy

·         Don’t complicate the discussion by talking jargons

·         Above all, he focused on the customer and not the sales



It is very rare to see such people in reality, acknowledge them, refer them and keep reinforcing their good qualities. 



M.L.Narendra Kumar




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாà®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உண்à®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது பெண்à®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிà®®ானின் à®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது தலைà®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திà®° குà®®ாà®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in