Skip to main content
My conversation with a swamiji when I was doing my MBA

I was doing my MBA in a college whose chairman was associated with a spiritual organization and hence he used to invite swamijis to address in the name of guest lecture.We did not have a choice to skip it, but we used to attend such speeches.

In one such sessions a young swamiji was invited to address us. Swamiji started with a question : how many of you believe in God now?

Many hands raised

Next he asked how many of you will believe in God after 50, few hands raised.

Swamiji said " I saw many hands raised for my first question, few raised for my second question but I saw few who never raised for both"

Swamiji added " if I ask how many of you are males I accept males to raise their hands and how many of you are females I expect females to raise their hands, but I saw few who never raised their hand " he gave sarcastic smile and my classmates did join him.

I was one among them who did not raise my hands for both of his questions but I felt insulted and I know he was insulting transgender without even realising Arjuna played the role of a transgender in Mahabharata as Brihannala

My Young blood was boiling and I told  swamiji your question is incomplete. "He asked what do you mean by that"

I said you never asked how many of you don't believe in God at all.

Swamiji with pseudo tolerence asked what , "you don't believe in God?"

I said "I don't."

He gave a unholy smile at my faculty members and he communicated to take care of me

After few minutes I saw one of my faculty members asking me to keep quiet.

I switched off my mind for the rest of the meaningless session which was no way connected to my course.

I recollected this incident and I would like to appeal that Keep Spiritualism and Religion out of education. Let students decide what they should follow, let them explore so that they develop the habit being rational.

I choose what I should believe and what I should I not

M.L.Narendra Kumar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாà®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உண்à®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது பெண்à®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிà®®ானின் à®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது தலைà®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திà®° குà®®ாà®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in