Skip to main content

What is the use of being rich and famous?

Way back in 2000 I was traveling in an auto rickshaw after completing my training program. I generally strike a conversation with the auto drivers to understand how they perceive life and situations around them.

This journey was different, before I could strike a conversation, the auto driver asked me a series of questions

1. sir l " can you a drink a tea for Rs.5? I replied I can

2. Can you drink a tea for Rs.100 in a 5 star? I replied I can but I will not do that

3. Can you eat 2 idlis? I was puzzled at this stage, I asked why are you asking me such questions?

He said " I will tell you the reason before you reach your destination"

I said " You sound interesting" however he was persistent about my 2 idlis and he said " you never answered about idlis" I said I can eat 2 idlis if it is veg chutney, I can eat 5, if it is non veg kurmas.

He smiled and he asked " Are you a millionaire?" I said I might become one in the future.

He said I like your confidence sir, I was curious and asked him " why are you asking such questions?"

He said you can drink a tea for RS. 5 or 100
You can eat idlis, I can do what you can do. Though we both are not so rich, we can peacefully sip a tea and eat our idlis. At this point I was puzzled, I asked him so what?

He said what is the use of being rich and famous when you cannot drink a tea and 2 idlis.

I was clueless where is this conversation heading, I asked him whom do you mean by rich and famous.

He said there are people who live in life support, without knowing what is going inside them, with their millions they cannot afford a tea or 2 idlis, what is the use of being rich and famous, when you can afford but you cannot consume.

I was curious to know who was there in his my mind and what triggered him to start such a conversation.

He said " There is rich central minister admitted in US and he lives on life support, but he is rich and famous, there are lot of such people in super speciality hospitals" I used to ask myself should we aspire to be rich or should we aspire to be healthy?

He further continued by stating that I always felt richness is health and not wealth.

I was taken back with his statement and told him " it was a fruitful journey" he smiled and asked " Where should I stop?" I peeped outside and said you can stop in the left.

I offered him more than what was displayed on the meter, he refused to take it and said I want to be healthy and not greedy

An unforgettable auto ride

M.L.Narendra Kumar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாà®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உண்à®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது பெண்à®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிà®®ானின் à®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது தலைà®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திà®° குà®®ாà®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in