Skip to main content

One chapter doesn’t make a book


One chapter doesn’t make a book

This is my experience during my visit to my Son’s School during Parent teacher meet, there were varieties of parents whom I came across:

·         Some are worried and they have high degree of concern about academic performance & career

·         Some are mentally prepared and they know their child's ability


·         Some are there to sign the report cards who know academics is a part of the life & not the life

I have seen parents who sit with the teachers who check the answer sheets and identify why the teacher had given a low marks to the particular answer and teacher comes with his/her explanation. I pity those teachers who land up taking classes for parents.
 When I witnessed such things around me, I did have some questions in my mind:

·         Are schools mark generating centres or career building centres?


·         Are children sent to school to score marks or they sent to build their character?

During such occasions I used to relate my academics performance as well as the knowledge my father had in discussing my academics and smiled within.

In one such occasion I just typed a quote in my mobile One chapter doesn’t make a book which I recollected during reading an article about parenting.  Now let’s relate this with the below statement:


My maths teacher said I am poor in logics

My English teacher said I am good in grammar

Thanks to my maths teacher for helping me understand my weakness

Thanks to my English teacher for helping me understand my strengths

We require both the kinds of Teacher in our life

Let’s extend the quote in understanding how to handle children as a parent during Parents Teachers Meet.

If you child’s maths marks worry you; look into your child’s Science marks. However, if your child’s academics score is not encouraging meet your child’s physical education teacher or sports coach, there is some medal waiting for him/her in the muddy ground.

Remember in the book of life there are many chapters like Academics, Extra-curricular activities, sports, oratory, music above all fine human qualities, some chapters in the book are interesting some are not, but remember One chapter doesn’t make a book



Written by : M.L.Narendra Kumar








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது உண்ŕ®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது பெண்ŕ®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிŕ®®ானின் ŕ®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது தலைŕ®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாŕ®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திŕ®° குŕ®®ாŕ®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in