Skip to main content

Salt water to delight

 

Salt water to delight


Due to Corona, training programs reduced, and few programs shifted to online. I was incredibly happy to go back to classroom session After 8 months.

I was conducting a workshop on retail selling skills, during the discussion participants were sharing some of the outstanding service they received as a customer, which also triggered me to share one of my experience too.

This incident happened before 17 years in Trichy while I was conducting 5 days’ workshop on Attitude for Southern Railways. I used to stay in a budget hotel opposite to the training centre which was well maintained and was served by well-behaved staff.

On day 3 a server who used to serve me started building rapport with me by inquiring about my nature of job, I explained about the programs I delivered and my working hours, the server was surprised to know that I need to deliver a program for 8 hours per day for 5 continuous days and started asking about my throat condition, I replied by stating "I am used to such sessions."

The server excused himself for a while and came back with Hot water, rock salt and spoon, he mixed up the salt with hot water, stirred the same and instructed me to gargle every day after the training program, though I know the benefits, but still he reinforced the need to do it.

His care and approach were a delight to me, I still remember this excellent customer service, which I use it as an example of *moment of wow. *

 I was running back-to-back program for few weeks and it became a regular activity to gargle at the end of the day, the moment the server sees me entering the hotel in the evening, he will immediately enter the kitchen to serve me a glass of hot water and rock salt.

Though my company offered me an enhanced budget, but still I went back to the same hotel during my assignment with southern railways.

 The server's unconditional service and care is unforgettable.

 Customers remember people who care

 M.L. Narendra Kumar

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாà®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உண்à®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது பெண்à®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிà®®ானின் à®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது தலைà®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திà®° குà®®ாà®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in