Skip to main content
Answering the Inner world


(A short story on being Rich and Guilty)




Once upon a time in a small village there was a fisherman who uses to catch fish from the nearby lake & sell it in the market for his livelihood.







During his regular fishing he got a leather bag and he took it to his home. 






When he opened the bag, he saw some currencies inside the bag and he decides to dry it. 







On the same day he had one of his old friends who visited his home & saw the currency notes being dried and said “you are very rich my dear friend”






The fisherman replied by showing few coins and said this is what I have; his friend pointed to the currency and “said what about those notes?”




The fisherman said “These are the coins I have earned for the day & the rest is not mine.

Friend asked “from where did you get this?

Fisherman Said “I got this when I was fishing. If I find the owner I will give it back or hand it over to the authorities or for a social cause.

Friend said “don’t be a fool, you cannot earn this throughout your life, consider this as a gift and retire for the future”

Fisherman said “ the outer world might not know my story of becoming rich but my inner world knows who I am, instead of being rich with a guilt feeling let me be poor with rich feelings.

Friend smiled and left the place

Strange voice said “My dear Friend, when you said let me be poor with rich feelings, that’s the mark of richness and let me tell you – you will never be poor forever”


Written by: M.L.Narendra Kumar 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாற்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது உண்மை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது பெண்மை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது மனிதாபிமானின் மேதைக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது தலைமை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திர குமார்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in