Skip to main content

Milkshake and a black Tea with a twist


There was a young man who was attracted towards a beautiful young lady, who recently had shifted her house in the same flats where the young man lives. Every day, he sees her while he goes to his work and he also sees her during an evening walk. Deep inside his heart he started developing a liking towards her and he was mentally preparing to propose his love. During their walk, there were occasions where they exchange their greetings.  

One day he made up his mind and decided to propose his love towards her and he decided to invite her for a coffee. When he met her on the walk, he did invite her and she also accepted the invitation.

The young man was excited and couldn’t wait for the sun to rise and he was mentally preparing to propose, with less sleep and anxiety he woke up.


After finishing his morning routine, he rushed to the nearby gift shop to pick up a card and bouquet.  








After a few minutes he reached the coffee shop in advance and was writing on the card. He got a call from his close friend and the young man said “I will call you back after some time” and placed the mobile on the table and he saw her walking like a breeze. She approached towards him, greeted him and sat opposite to him. 






A waitress, came towards the table and the young lady placed an order for a milkshake and a black tea, and she asked the young man “is black tea ok for you,” the young man said “yes, I can have it” She started the conversation by asking, “so what is the reason for this meeting?” He was hesitant to tell and thanked her for accepting to meet him.  

In the meantime, the waitress came with the order and placed it on the table, by mistake she interchanged the beverages and the young lady changed the beverages & smiled at the waitress, who immediately said “sorry”, and the young man smiled at her and said “it’s ok.” 

The young lady, pointed at the beverage and said please have it and the young man started sipping the black tea. Both of them were silent for a while and after completing their beverage, the young man took the card along with the bouquet and handed it over to her. 

She quickly opened the card and said “Nice card”. She called the waitress and asked for the bill, the young man was staring at her and said “I will take care” she said “why should man always be on the paying side, when we do have the capacity to pay” by the time she finished her statement the waitress gave the bill and the young lady paid it.

The young lady pulled out a gift from her handbag and handed it over to the young man by telling “upon this once I leave this place”, he was excited and nodded his head. She took the bouquet along with the card and left the place.  

He was seeing the gift in the hand and was seeing her walking out, once she was out of sight, he quickly unwrapped the gift and saw a mirror 

with a piece of note written along wit it “I am a milkshake and you are black tea, before proposing to me see your face in the mirror”,

 after reading this he was shocked and dejected “ he heard somebody calling the waitress and shouted “one black tea please” and turned towards the voice and ignored it.  

He walked with the gift wrapper and the mirror in the hand, when he went outside, he just stopped near the dustbin to dispose the gift wrap and was shocked to see the bouquet and the card that was given by him, he got a call from his close friend who asked “did you meet her? Did you give her the card?” The young man saw the dustbin and said “The card has reached the right place” on the other side his friend said “I am waiting for a treat, I will call you later” 

The young man reached the home and removed his old mirror from his room replaced it with the gift he received and looked at his face in the mirror and smiled by telling “Black Tea”. 
His mother kept a glass of milk on the table and asked “where did you go in the morning without having your milk?”. The young man replied from tomorrow onwards give me black tea and took the glass from the table and looked at the at milk and said “Milk shake”, her mother said “it is plain milk, he smiled with pain.

 After a few days, he met her in the walking area and she asked “did you like the gift”, he said I see my black coffee every day, she sarcastically smiled. He asked “can I talk to you for a while”, she said “sure” 

He said “you had shown me my colour by giving me a mirror and proved your character by dumping my card” I know that my colour will remain the same but do remember it is easy to change your character by being good to people, she just left the place and he started continuing his walk. 

After few months, he visited the young lady’s  flat and gave her his wedding invitation and showed his fiancée’s pic to her 

and said “she is my milkshake” and the young lady with a sober voice said “Congrats” and he smiled with pride, she said can you come inside my bedroom, he was surprised and followed her “He saw a big portrait of his photo on her bedroom wall, on which it was written as my cute black coffee” seeing that he was taken back and asked “what is this?” she placed her head on his chest and said I can hear your heart beat but my heart beat will stop few days from now”, with tears in his eyes he asked what  happened “ she said disease is not so easy to explain like black coffee or milk shake, I know that I was dying, so *I dumped your card in the bin and carved your name in my heart” so that you will hate me and forget me”*

He said “you should have told me, I would have not allowed you to die” she smiled with tears and said the best doctors have given me the time frame and she wiped her tears and said “I will attend your wedding”. 

He started bursting with tears, she said “I didn’t want this to happen”, she said “My love will always be with you” he walked out from the room and said “I am missing my milk shake”. 

On the day of the wedding she came on the stage and looked at the bridegroom and the bride and said “ My dear milkshake with your permission, I will stand next to my black Tea, the bride said   "do stand in between us, you are always his first milk shake” The bridegroom’s eyes was rolling with tears, the young lady looked at the bridegroom and said “ Reserve your tears” and left the place. 

 Next day after the wedding, the newly married couple went back  to the Youngman’s flat and when he entered his bedroom he was surprised to see his portrait in his room and he immediately called her but there was no response, when he tried to call her again he got a message

 “My dear black Tea this is not the time for tears in your eyes, it’s time for seeing your wife eye’s with love”, he smiled and cleared his tears.  

Next day early morning he got a message “she is no more” 

The journey of life has many stations. Don’t conclude before you reach your destination

M.L.Narendra Kumar






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாà®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உண்à®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது பெண்à®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிà®®ானின் à®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது தலைà®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திà®° குà®®ாà®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in