Skip to main content

The Bucket

Jim is in his mid-60s, he comes across a person who was his similar age and he said “Hi, I am Victor”

Jim said “Hi, Victor I am Jim, Nice to meet you”

Jim asked Victor, “have we met before?”

Victor said “No” 

Victor said “Jim, can I ask you some questions?”

Jim with hesitation asked “are you from Tax Department”

Victor with a smile said “no I am not, I am just an ordinary person

Jim said “Victor, hope your questions are not going to be like the trigonometry papers”

Victor said “I was not a Maths teacher"

Jim said “neither I was”

Victor: “Jim is there something that you feel you have not fulfilled in your life”

Jim said “Oh, yeah I have a bucket list, which I should complete, before I kick the bucket”

Victor: “what is there in your list”

Jim said:

• I need to do some terrace cropping

• I need to visit my birth place

• I need to play chess with my grandson

• I need to publish my book

• I need to complete writing a book which has been pending for quite sometime

• I need to complete reading a saga and there are other trivial things that needs to be completed 

Victor: “you got a huge list; Jim is there anything your family members needs to know that is only known to you?"

Jim smiles and tells “Victor, I don’t want them to know about Mary

Victor “who is she?”

Jim calls victor closer and tells “She was my crush right from the day, when we’re singing Mary had a little lamp”

Victor: oh, so you do have some romantic memories?"

Jim: yeah, “I do have some memories hidden in me and few single malts hidden in my locker too”

Victor: Jim, in your absence, what do you think your family, should know about you?

Jim: “I didn’t get your question”

Victor: “you said, your book is yet to be published”, do your family members know about this?”

Jim: I did speak about it

Victor: Do they have access to your work?

Jim: it is there in my laptop

Victor: do your family members, access your laptop?

Jim: no, they don’t, my son taught me how to protect my laptop with a password

Victor: What else have you protected in your laptop?

Jim: Victor, are you trying to dig my personal details?

Victor: I will not, Jim just answer few more questions, you will understand what I am trying to do

Jim: go ahead

Victor: does your family members know about your investments, Insurance, savings, wealth etc.?

Jim: not much, many of these details are only with me and some with my wife

Victor: have you not shared, how to access this information, in your absence?

Jim: Victor, I am not too old

Victor: Jim, come forward and just look down 

Jim is seeing his family, friends, neighbours and some of his acquaintance standing down, he takes a close look at the crowd and spots a coffin in which Jim was lying, Jim with a shock, turns towards Victor and Victor tells 

Jim you are no more, you have kicked your bucket, but your bucket list is incomplete & your family is clueless

Jim looks at victor and he sees many more Victors and sees many more Jims around him,

Victor tells “There many such people, who are like you and me with a big bucket list, but yet to fulfilled

Friends,

Don’t leave your bucket list unticked, the good day is today and keep working on it

M.L.Narendra Kumar










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாà®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உண்à®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது பெண்à®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிà®®ானின் à®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது தலைà®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திà®° குà®®ாà®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in