Skip to main content
Exit Interview


Disclaimer


The events, characters and firms depicted in the below are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or to actual firms, is purely coincidental.


HR-Human Resources Manager

RE- Relieving Employee

RE- Hi, I am Sam


HR- Hi, Sam how are you?


RE- Doing good, how about you?


HR- Fine.


RE- I just wanted to discuss about my exit.


HR- Have you sent your mail


RE- Yes


HR- Puneet or Shilpa will be In touch with you regarding Relieving procedures.


RE- What about exit Interview?


HR- I can complete it


RE- we have not yet started


HR- I meant I can do it now


RE- Can I take few minutes of your time?


HR- You are always welcome to talk to us


RE-  I know that this discussion might not end up in Good note, probably it depends upon how we are going to handle it.


HR- Anything wrong


RE- Yes


HR- Can you tell me, what happened?


RE- some times I feel I was under used or over used. Sometimes I was not working for my KRA but working for my manager's KRA.


HR- Did you have a word with your manager?


RE- I did, but did not yield any results. over a period of time, it become personal.


HR- Did you escalate?


RE- The first manager was engrossed in deadline and the new manager wanted to settle down.


HR- Could you tell me what is the reason for quitting?


RE- Pressure and above all disrespect to human Emotions


HR- Pressure is every where


RE- That's what I meant,  just reflect what you said now. Did you connect with my emotions or did you try connecting with my Logic.


HR- I am telling the reality


RE- I was not prepared to listen to reality, I was looking for empathy.


Tell me in this situation what is important:

Trying to understand what went wrong 
Trying to convince me to either go with a feeling I am wrong
convince me to stay here.


HR- I should empathize


RE- I am not here to prove you wrong, I am here to give you some feedback. You call it exit interview or Negotiation or Counseling, it's up to you.


HR- we are open for the feedback


RE sarcastically smiles


HR- Sam, you sound sarcastic


RE- I was just reflecting upon the days when I gave Feedback in the past.


HR- Was your feedback not taken seriously.


RE- If that would have happened, you would have not conducted 2 exit interviews with my team members last month.


HR- They didn't tell anything.


RE- Why will people tell anything when they have decided to quit. The day a person decides to quit, is a day when they also realize nothing will happen, remember I am talking about people who quit like me.


HR- People don't talk the reality, while they quit.


RE- What is the guarantee that my boss will not join the company where I would have applied.What is the guarantee that you will not join the same company, where I would have applied. It's a small world.


HR smiles.


HR:- How did you make up your mind to open up now?


RE- You are still interested in logic not my Emotions.


HR- Ok. Can I have your feedback?


RE-  let me shoot:

1. Take feedback for Feedback
2. Let us respect human Emotions
3. Let the client know we are not slaves
4. I know it is difficult to tell "no" but let my boss also know there is nothing wrong in listening to Nos
5. Let the review not only be on the KRAs, let it also give credit to other activities that hindered me in performing my KRA
6.  Remember If we punish mistakes you are killing Creativity.


I am done, I spoke from my heart.


Hope you would have listened from your heart and you would reply from your heart.


HR puts the pen down and looks up.


HR- Thank you. I don't know how I am going to work on what you said but I am sure my team members will not quit because of me.


RE- That sounds good.


HR- So what's your future plans?


RE- Planning to start my business


HR- All the best


RE- Thank you



After few years


On the stage the MC reads a note: Now I call upon our young entrepreneur Mr. Sam on the dias to hand over the trophy to Mr. Vinay for the best employee engagement company of the year  from F-Tech solutions.


Vinay and Sam sees each other and Vinay tells That was a good exit Interview


Written by: M.L.Narendra Kumar⁠⁠⁠⁠

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாà®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உண்à®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது பெண்à®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிà®®ானின் à®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது தலைà®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திà®° குà®®ாà®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in