Skip to main content

The White Crow

 The White Crow

Two friends, Ben and Steve, were sitting on a park bench. A crow landed on the branch opposite them.

Ben: Look—a white crow.

Steve: (glancing) That’s a black crow, Ben.

Ben: Are you sure?

Steve: Fairly.

Ben: I’m telling you, it’s white.

Steve: Okay.

Ben: Okay? That’s all you’re going to say?

Steve: What else is there?

Ben: You could prove me wrong.

Steve: Why would I?

Ben: Because I’m wrong.

Steve: If you already know that, I don’t need to prove it.

Ben: So you’re not interested in an argument.

Steve: No.

Ben: Why not?

Steve: Because there’s no point. It’s a bird, not a debate.

Ben: You’re afraid you’ll lose.

Steve: (smiling) If that makes it easier for you.

Ben: You’ve agreed with me three times. It’s maddening.

Steve: I’m not agreeing with you. I’m refusing to fight you.

Ben: Same thing.

Steve: Not to me.

Ben: You think I’m just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Steve: I think you’re trying to get a reaction. I’d rather keep the friend than win the point.

Ben: You mean I don’t know how to argue?

Steve: I mean you’re better than this. And so am I.

Ben: (standing) You’re a tough nut.

Steve: Maybe. But I’m still your friend.

Ben starts walking away. Steve calls after him.

Steve: Ben.

Ben stops.

Steve: It’s easy to prove someone wrong. It’s harder to keep them. Don’t lose a friend over a crow you’re calling white. The white crow won’t come to your rescue—but you still have my number.

Ben is quiet. Then he shakes his head and almost smiles.

Ben: Same time tomorrow?

Steve: Only if you bring a real white crow.

Ben: Deal.

They both laugh. Ben sits back down. The crow flies away.

Moral: Never try to convince someone who has already decided not to be convinced.

M.L. Narendra Kumar

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாà®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உண்à®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது பெண்à®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிà®®ானின் à®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது தலைà®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திà®° குà®®ாà®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2410 Promotion and Character

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2410 Promotion and Character Promotion is a form of recognition for your competency and character. However, the people below you will relate to you more for your character than your competency. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in
Less than Minute Life Lesson-581 Skills Skills live as long as we keep nurturing it Keep Skilling it becomes your strength M.L. Narendra Kumar