Skip to main content

A Short Journey in A Metro Train


A Short Journey in A Metro Train

A young man was waiting in the metro station to board his train and saw a middle-aged man walking towards the platform and once the train arrived at the platform both of them got into the train and sat next to each other. 

The middle aged man noticed the young man who was looking disturbed and picked up a conversation by asking " you look disturbed" the young man with reluctance, said "yes" the middle aged person asked is it work pressure, the young man said " my appraisal was bad and I didn't get the hike I expected" 

The middle-aged man said " I am sorry about it" the young man said " it's ok" the middle-aged man got a call and he said " today was my last day and said, honey nothing to worry, the world is big" 

The young man with hesitation asked "what Happened", the middle-aged man said " I am a victim of merger and acquisition" I have been told to go 

The young man said "I am sorry" the middle-aged man said " it's ok" The middle aged asked " can I tell you something about workplace from my experience" 

The Young Man said " I will be happy to hear from a senior like you" The middle-aged man said
  • Never love your company 
  • Don't build your financial dream based on your salary hikes
  • Remember, appraisals are not the end 
  • Never think about your job,when you are out of your workplace, (you are not paid for such thinking) 
  • Last but not the least "expect the unexpected" 
The young man said " These are pearls of wisdom" thank you sir
The middle-aged man receives a mail and excuses to read the mail, after reading the mail he smiles, the young man tells" sir, here is my station and he walk towards the door.

The middle-aged man continues his journey and he arrive at his destination and walks to his home.

After few weeks, the middle-aged man takes up a new job as a head Asia Pacific region and he was welcomed by the board. 

During the break he just walked towards the cafeteria to pick up a coffee and he saw the young man whom he met in the train, the young man smiled at him and asked " do you remember me" the middle-aged man said " yeah, I do. 

The Young Man asked " sir, what brings you here" The middle-aged man said " my patience, my network and my confidence" 

The Young Man was clueless and said " sir I didn't get what you said" The middle-aged man said " I have joined this company" 

The young man asked " sir, if you don't mind can I know your name" by the time the middle-aged man told his name " the young man got a message, which reads as " we are happy to have Mr. Paulson as our Asia Pacific head", the young man lifts his heads and the middle-aged man introduces himself as Paulson and walks Away. 

The young man recollects the conversation in the train and tells to himself " No wonder why you will be my country heads head"

Patience pays, Adversity helps to advance in life

M.L. Narendra Kumar


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாà®±்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உண்à®®ை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது பெண்à®®ை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது மனிதாபிà®®ானின் à®®ேதைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது தலைà®®ை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாà®±்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திà®° குà®®ாà®°்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2410 Promotion and Character

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2410 Promotion and Character Promotion is a form of recognition for your competency and character. However, the people below you will relate to you more for your character than your competency. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Being Jaby is being a fine human being.

  Being Jaby is being a fine human being.   L&D Global Chennai Chapter was instrumental in bringing Jaby closer to my heart, our journey was not too long, but it was filled with fun, humour, joy and learning too. When Jaby was present, dullness was absent. He filled the hall with his sense of humour, and his thoughts were deep-rooted in bringing the best out of every human. Jaby was the most admired person in any forum; when Jaby picked the mic, the audience pulled themselves to the edge of the chair. Jaby was casual in his appearance, but he was a thorough professional everywhere. During COVID, if there was one person whom I counted on to help people, it was Jaby; his car was filled with masks, sanitizer and an oxygen concentrator. His social bent of mind made him a good Samaritan. Jaby was a curious child, whenever we both met, he was curious to improve his skills and knowledge, and his quest for development was limitless. Jaby and I collaborated in the year 2022 to d