Skip to main content

Interaction with Failures

Part-7

                   
Mr. Poor Decision: Why do you feel, you are a poor decision maker?

John: From my previous interaction you can understand that, I get easily misled and get cheated, that’s the proof that I am poor decision maker

Mr. Poor Decision: Have you not taken good decisions in your life, is your 100-crore empire not a mark of your good decision

John: My initial decisions did help me to achieve more, in fact I started from scratch and my every decision was in favour me

Mr. Poor Decision: In those days did you spend more time in analysing?

John: Yes, I did

Mr. Poor Decision: did you seek others suggestions

John: Yes, I did


Mr. Poor Decision: am I right in assuming that you don’t spend time as well as involve others in your decision-making process

John: you are right to some extent but some decisions I do spend time and involve others

Mr. Poor Decision: Remember as you grow up the ladder, you should empower others to decide, what is trivial to you might be very important to others

John: it also depends on the person to whom I am entrusting,

Mr. Poor Decision: Yes, you are right, when you develop relationship with your team or subordinates you are also developing them in the process

John:  I can relate, why I am poor at taking decisions

Mr. Poor Decision: Can you tell what is there in your mind

John: After being misled and cheated I lost the trust on people, hence I stopped involving them in certain affairs as a result of this I was doing too many things, hence I spent less time on thinking & I become hasty in my decision

Mr. Poor Decision: Will you call yourself successful with few achievements?

John: No, I will not

Mr. Poor Decision: Why, will you not call yourself successful?

John: few incidents don’t make life

Mr. Poor Decision: Remember, few good decisions in the past doesn’t guarantee good decisions in the future, few bitter experiences with people in the past doesn’t guarantee bitter experience in the future

John: My past baggage has been burdening me and has resulted in poor decision, I’m ashamed about attempting suicide, that’s also because of poor decision

Mr. Poor Decision: John, realise but don’t feel guilty, guilt is a slow killer which forces you to take extreme decisions

John: True, I will not take such decisions in my life

Mr. Poor Decision:  That’s a right decision

John: sometimes I am confused when I want to take a decision 


Mr. Poor Decision:  Remember confusion is sign of thinking and allow your mind to think. There will a battle between emotions and logic, understand decisions that is related to business can be logically approached and decisions that is related to humans can be approached by emotions

Ex: When you want to invest be logical

Ex: when you want to take action against a person, use your emotions

However, remember there are situations in business where you need to use your emotions and while dealing with people you need to be logical

John: Can you give me an example

Mr. Poor Decision: Ex- There can a chance to reduce cost by downsizing and it sounds logically right but remember it might result in sending out people, here you need to connect with your purpose and values before you take a decision.

Good decisions are output of strong values and well-defined purpose

Mr. Poor Decision: Can you share your insights

John: I need to revisit my Purpose and Values

John closes his eyes for few minutes and opens his eyes and sees Mr. Habit is sitting in front of him

Part-8-Follows

M.L.Narendra Kumar






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

அப்பாற்பட்டது காவியம் காலத்துக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது உண்மை உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது பெண்மை கடவுளுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது மனிதாபிமானின் மேதைக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது தலைமை தலைவனுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது புரட்சி அரசியலுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது உறவுகள் உடமைக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது அனுபவம் கல்விக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது நடப்பு செல்வதற்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது எம் எல் . நரேந்திர குமார்

Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency

  Less than a Minute Life Lesson-2407 Character and Competency Competency alone will not lead to long-term success, and character alone will not help us achieve great things.   To shine in life, we should embrace both character and competence. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in

Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective

  Less than a minute Life Lesson -2380 Overly Protective When we overly protect our children, we indirectly instill dependency and fear. This protection can become a burden on us and others later on. M.L. Narendra Kumar Director Instivate Learning Solutions PVT LTD www.instivatelearning.in